"I overeat and make bad eating choices when I feel discouraged, when everything feels hopeless, when I question, 'What's the point?' So bad eating is, for me, a symptom of depression, a symptom of not valuing or of devaluing myself."So what do I do? How do I break myself out of this behaviour?
- Things are hopeless.
- There's no point in trying.
- It's not worth the stress.
- Suffering produces perseverance,
- Perseverance produces character,
- Character produces hope.
- Hope does not disappoint "because God has poured out his love into [my] heart by the Holy Spirit, whom he has given [me]." (Romans 5:3-5 NIV)
- The "point" is that:
...that doesn’t disappoint.
Brotherly Kindness +
= Being effective and productive in my knowledge of Jesus.
= good (spiritual) vision
= remembering I have been cleansed from my past sins
= ability to not fall
= a rich welcome into Jesus’ eternal kingdom